A dental practice with surgeries in Bradford, Halifax and Huddersfield got in touch with Shredco UK to assist them in shredding all their confidential papers and documents that had been collected over the last few weeks.
Confidential information included;
- The patient’s name, current and previous addresses, bank account/credit card details, telephone number and email addresses.
- Information that the customer has been a patient, including cancelled or failed attendance.
- Information concerning the patient’s physical, mental or oral health or condition.
- Information about treatments that have been provided.
- The amount that was paid for treatment, the amount owing or the fact that the patient is a debtor to the practice.
Many records were no longer used and the dental practice wanted to ensure they were complying with the latest GDPR regulations by shredding all the information.
One of our shredding trucks was scheduled to visit the surgeries within the next 24 hours. And they requested to have a lockable security console installed at each location.
Our consoles are used to dispose of documents that contain sensitive information. The containers are locked so no-one can gain access. At regular intervals, usually every 4 weeks, or when the console is full, one of our shredding trucks is on site to dispose of the documents and destroy them.
When shredding was complete, we provided a Certificate of Destruction to demonstrate your legal compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
All our shredding is carried out in accordance with European Standard BS EN15713.
All our employees are well trained and very experienced and go through rigorous vetting and security checks in line with BS7858, as well as a having a DBS check every three years. All of our staff are uniformed and carry a branded photo identity card.